BODY PEELING?? WTF?? Nature Republic Body Peeling Mist

5:07:00 PM

Everyone has probably heard of peeling gels. It has been a popular trend in Korea because of its instant smoothing effects on the skin. Plus, it is a gentler alternative to the harsher exfoliating scrubs we've all used for years. The first peeling gel I've used was the Dew & Dew peeling gel with Diamond Powder. Back then peeling gels weren't that popular yet so I was a bit hesitant when an SA included it as a freebie in an Asian haul I did in her stall in Greenhills. She tested it on my skin first and showed me how it works. I was surprised at the white flakes that formed when she rubbed it on my skin and was more amazed at how smooth my hand felt afterwards.

Several years later, my interest with peeling gels are renewed and I am happy with how many Asian brands have popped up with their own peeling gels. After much research, I was able to discover this BODY peeling mist of Nature Republic.


The product comes in a green plastic packaging. Since it is a mist and not a gel, it has a spray nozzle so you can easily spray it on your body. You get 250ml product in an affordable price of 495php. As you can see at the bottom, you can peel off the label so you can get the English translations for the ingredients. I chose the cotton scented peeling mist because I thought it's the safest scent among the 3 mists available: Cotton, Peach and Phytoncide.

The product has a milky consistency. The cotton scent of the peeling mist is very similar to other cotton scented products of Nature Republic (also bought their Cotton Deo Spray). The fragrance does disappear after a few minutes or maybe your nose just gets desensitized with it. For those of you who are not familiar with peeling gels or mists, you just have to apply the product on your skin then rub it until you see white flakes form. They say these white flakes are supposed to be your dead skin cells. Basically these peeling gels or mists are supposed to exfoliate your skin, get rid of your dead skin cells to reveal a new and smoother layer of skin.


 


After removing the white flakes, my skin felt a bit smoother so I guess the product works. However, the smoothing effects does not seem to last a very long time or maybe it does but the difference is not really that significant. I have used my Dew & Dew Peeling Gel on my body even before body peeling gels/mists have been made and I think it made my skin smoother than this body mist from Nature Republic.

I had this product for like a month now and so far my skin has no negative reactions with it but I really don't have any allergy to anything. For those with sensitive skin, since this thing has fragrance, I suggest you try a patch test first at the store before you try this peeling mist. Nature Republic is well-known for using organic ingredients so those of you who are into Organic Products then you'll surely love this brand.

So let's summarize this review with this products Hits and Misses:

Hits:
  • affordable (495php for 250ml)
  • easy to use
  • works
  • Cotton scent is light and disappears after a while
Misses:
  • smoothing effect is not very significant


Packaging: 4/5 
Product: 3/5 
Price: 5/5
Overall Rating: 4/5 

So will I repurchase this product? Hmm maybe I'll pass and search for another body peeling product.

Thank you for reading this blog post! If you have any suggestion on products you want me to review feel free to comment below. If you like what you read, don't forget to like or share this post. Follow me and I'll follow you back. Have a great day, everyone!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe