Review: Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher

1:21:00 PM

I love blushers. For me, ladies with blushers get an instant "blooming" look, as long as they don't overdo them. So now I'm going to review one of the bestsellers of Etude House, their Lovely Cookie Blushers. There are 7 shades to choose from which ranges from pink to orange: 
Image c/o www.ebay.com

I bought shade #3 Raspberry Tarte. Here's what it looks like




Like all products of Etude House, the packaging of the blusher is very girly and pink. The case is made of a small plastic. It's very handy and compact so it will not occupy a lot of space in your make up bag ^^ The applicator is a puff with a pink ribbon on top. So if you're into girly and pink stuff then you'll definitely love this. Now let's see what it looks like inside: 

The shade I have is a dark, fuschia-like pink color. Unlike the other products of Etude House, their Lovely Coookie Blusher has no scent. I swatched the product on the back of my hand and here's what it looked like:


As you can see, the product is not highly pigmented as what it looks like. You have to apply it several times with the puff applicator to make the color pop out. And though the puff looks cute and all, I prefer to use a brush to blend it in and to control the amount of blush I apply. The product is very powdery and contains shimmers when you apply it to skin. I think the effect of the shimmers will help make you look more radiant and glowing.


Staying power of the product is not that good. Around 2 - 3 hours, the color fades so you need to retouch it constantly. But if you use a make up primer it will definitely last longer  and the color will be more vibrant (refer to my Tony Moly primer review for what the blusher will look like with primer).

Pros:
* unscented 
* has a range of colors to choose from
* not highly pigmented (you can layer on the product to get your desired color)
* has shimmers to make you look glowing
* available in most malls
* very handy because of its size
price range: P348 or around 8-9$ (still cheaper than other drugstore brands)

Cons:
* puff applicator 
* staying power is not that good

Well, I guess it's obvious that with all its Pros, this product is definitely a must have. Its Cons can easily be remedied by using your blush brush and face primers. Will I purchase it again? Definitely. I'm excited to try the other shades available ^^ 





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe