NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment: Review + Swatches

4:49:00 PM

"Looking for a carefree matte? Look no further. This innovative pigment concentrate provides bold colour with a zero-gravity feel."
"Prepare for all day, flexible wear in a lust-worthy range of smudge-resistant liquid shades. The custom doe-foot applicator allows for precise application and full coverage in one swipe, drying down instantly to create an ultra-lightweight, effortless matte finish."
- Mecca.com 
www.poshmakeupnstuff.blogspot.com: NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment

I've always gravitated towards matte lipsticks because of their long-wearing properties. I just like the idea of slapping on something and then forgetting about it the entire day. When I saw that Nars released these matte lipsticks, I just got to try it. I ordered mine from Mecca.com and bought 2 shades: Starwoman and Light My Fire. Each lipsticks costs AU$ 38. 

www.poshmakeupnstuff.blogspot.com: NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment

It comes in a sleek, black plastic tube and has a slim, doe-foot applicator. The applicator helps a lot  in precision application.

My degree is in Psychology and not Chemistry so for the Chemists out there, please let me know what these ingredients are for. I know that it has a strong Vanilla scent to it and therefore fragrance would  be included in its ingredients. It seems to include some silicone and preservatives as well. 

Top: Starwoman ; Bottom: Light My Fire

This lippie is made in Italy. Each tube stays good for 24 mos upon opening and contains 5.5 ml of product.


www.poshmakeupnstuff.blogspot.com: NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment

Starwoman is described as a vivid blue red while Light My Fire is a vivid orange red. This lippie has a very watery consistency. It kinda reminds me of a more opaque version of lip tints, a very opaque one.

www.poshmakeupnstuff.blogspot.com: NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment
Top: Starwoman ; Bottom: Light My Fire
The watery consistency of the product has its pros and cons. The benefit would be it dries quickly. Mine dries completely within a minute. The bad thing though is that it is patchy when applied. The patchiness is quite obvious with the swatches above.

www.poshmakeupnstuff.blogspot.com: NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment

This lippie claims to be smudge-resistant but as you can see from above, it isn't. The swatches above have been dry for like 30 minutes before I smudged it and it did. I kissed the back of my hand and it transferred as well.

However, it does stay true to its ultra lightweight, zero-gravity feel claim. Like I said, this lippie is like a more opaque version of a lip tint (and a more expensive one too). 

It looks good for hours, possibly an entire day until mealtime. Since it transfers, after eating I always have to retouch. The problem with retouching is that it doesn't layer on quite well so I have to remove it completely before applying it again.

I think this is a really good lippie and will definitely try out more shades. However, I wish they can tweak the formulation a little more and make it smudge-proof. That's my only gripe with this lippie otherwise it can easily be my HG matte lippie.


Have you tried this lippie? What are your HG matte liquid lipsticks? 





Hope you like this post. Don't forget to show it some love by clicking on tweet, share, like or G+ button.



Have a great day, gorgeous!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Brsides the fact that the product is so well designed. The best part is that they look incredibly pigmented. Such a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are gorgeous and I loveeee the packaging, but it's such a shame about the smudging! I think these days we expect liquid lippies to be smudge proof! x

    whatevawears.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about making getting a couple of these, I'm not so sure now. I'd expect them to be smudge-proof!

    Sophie
    Www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was expecting a lot more from these esp with the price and all.

      Delete
  4. this is exactly why i purchase colourpop. I paid so much money for starwoman as well and i could not get the color to stay on. bummer.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe