Disappointing High-end Skin Care Products 2017

3:05:00 PM

Granted that what works for someone may not necessarily work for me (different skin tone, skin texture, pH balance, lifestyle, etc) same as what works for me may not necessarily work with someone. The following are the skin care products that I have been regularly using for the past year or month that sadly didn't meet may expectations and are disappointing for the price I paid for. 

Disappointing Skin Care Products 2017 : www.poshmakeupnstuff.blogspot.com

It comes with the territory of high-end products that we, as consumers, expect more from them. After all, we did pay (extra) on the brand for a reason. That is why it so disappointing whenever I pay for something expensive and it just didn't perform to my expectation.

A little background of my skin. I have normal/combo skin for most of the year except during winter season when it changes to normal/dry. I stick to a skin care routine everyday, morning & night time. At night time, I do double cleansing, toning/lotion, serum, emulsion, cream and overnight mask. I exfoliate 2x/week as well. So when a product doesn't feel hydrating enough in-spite of my routine then I included it on my list below.

Here are the high-end skin care products I've been using this year which I find a little disappointing for their price.

1. Clarins White Plus Total Luminescent Emulsion - It claims to be a brightening and hydrating emulsion. I've been using this for months now and so far my skin tone hasn't improved dramatically. Its hydrating effects also doesn't last long. I like that it is a lightweight formula and  is easily absorbed by my skin. But other than that, it is meh product for me.

2. Clarins Double Serum Hydric + Lipidic System Complete Age Control Concentrate - This product was highly recommended to me by the Sales Agent in the Clarins pop-up booth. I noticed that this has been trending on Youtube Ads and on TV. I think they have changed the packaging since the one I have has the old-school pump. This was very pricey so I expected a lot from it. I've been using it for almost a year now and emptied up my bottle. I used this a lot during the winter months to prevent my skin from turning into a prune. Aside from keeping my skin hydrated, I really don't know if it made any significant changes on my skin. In the morning, before I put on my make up, I still notice wrinkles on my forehead. If I don't moisturise enough, they are very obvious under my make up. So for its price, I don't think I would repurchase this. It's just sad because I love Clarins skin care products, but this one just doesn't work wonders for me.

Disappointing Skin Care Products 2017 : www.poshmakeupnstuff.blogspot.com

3. Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre - This was formerly raved on Youtube and make up artists as the bomb moisturiser back in the day. I've been wanting to try this for ages but it's kinda hard to find. Finally, I saw that Beautylish was selling this so I had to get it. I've been using this for a month and I've made up my mind that this is just another over-hyped up products by internet people. Whenever I use it, I still need to put another moisturiser or oil, because it is not enough for my skin. Plus, the smell is a little too strong for me. I am not the person who is usually turned off by scents but scents on skin care? I prefer my skin care unscented and fragrance-free. I checked the ingredients and it did have fragrance in the list. The scent of this one, is a strong unpleasant, chemical scent. I broke out after I tried it so it was a good thing I only bought a small tube.

4. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel - This one is another hyped up product by the internet. Sadly, despite its claims, it didn't do anything dramatic on my skin. It is very lightweight and is easily absorbed by my skin. But once it's absorbed, it feels like it disappears on my skin so much that it still feels dry. I usually like Clinique products but not this one.

Have you tried any of these products? What are the disappointing high-end products you've tried? What are your HG skin care products? Share your thoughts in the comment below.



Hope you like this post. Don't forget to show it some love by clicking on tweet, share, like or G+ button. Have a great day, gorgeous!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe